none
Use Inbound Map in Exposing Schema as a WCF service. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a newbie in BizTalk. I am learning about "How to expose schema as a WCF service.". However, I have implemented it successfully.

I was trying to transform input message so I used Inbound map. But I am getting below error while calling the request method. 

Error while calling request method - "The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs."

Warning in BT Administrator Console - "

The adapter "WCF-BasicHttp" raised an error message. Details "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkAsyncResult.End()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.EndOperation(IAsyncResult result)
       at AsyncInvokeEndEndTwoWayMethod(Object , Object[] , IAsyncResult )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AsyncMethodInvoker.InvokeEnd(Object instance, Object[]& outputs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeEnd(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage7(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)".

Please suggest.

Thanks, Mohit Dahiya

Monday, July 25, 2016 5:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohit

If you test the map with the same input XML in VS, does it create correct output?

Also are you using XmlRecieve pipeline in Receive Location?

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Mohit

The error shows that it is failing in the adapter itself,  pipeline and map execution is not even happening.

So,  I don't think it is an issue with your map.  Are you able to post a message to the service without the map?

Are you sending correct XML message to the service?  There is an option 'Suspend request message on failure' in Messages tab in the WCF adapter.  Please enable that and try again,  you will get a suspended message in BizTalk. Then you can inspect the message body/part from the suspended instance for which you are getting failure.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 5:40 AM
  • Thank you for the Reply Roy.

Yes, It is working fine without Map. I am sending the same message(which I am sending in the without Map.). Actually, I am using SOAP UI. There is no suspend message. 

Thanks, Mohit Dahiya

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Map snip 

Thanks, Mohit Dahiya

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:08 AM
  • Hi Mohit

If you test the map with the same input XML in VS, does it create correct output?

Also are you using XmlRecieve pipeline in Receive Location?

Thanks Arindam

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:14 AM
  • Thank you Roy.

It is working fine. 

Issue : I was using different prefix in input XML "<POC:Employee>". I needed to use "<ns0:Employee>".

Thank you once again.

Thanks, Mohit Dahiya

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:43 AM