none
Report Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a Testing and Tagging Logging application and I would like to create a report once I am done testing.

Is there some way to pass parameters to the report to "filter" the data by customer.

Please note that I have 3 tables Customers which is linked to Products which is linked to TaggingDetails.

Can someone please provide some code or a tutorial that explains this,

Cheers,

Ben

• Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, June 8, 2012 2:01 PM Reporting related (From:Visual C# General)
    Friday, June 8, 2012 6:27 AM

All replies

• You need to create a collection of ReportParameters and add them to the LocalReport which I believe can be accessed on the ReportViewer Control:

ReportParameter[] reportParameters = newReportParameter[]
                                        {
                                            newReportParameter("customerId", cunstomerId)
                                        };
                LocalReport.SetParameters( m_ReportParameter );

You then need to add the parameter to the RDLC report (in the report designer) and set the type it's expecting.

Chris

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:12 PM
  • What Report framewok is being used here, I'm unfamiliar with RDLC.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:14 PM
  • What Report framewok is being used here, I'm unfamiliar with RDLC.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

As the title says...
    Friday, June 8, 2012 1:19 PM
  • Hey Dorkk;

That was a good answer.  I actually looked it up on google no thanks to you.

JP Cowboy Coders Unite!

Friday, June 8, 2012 4:07 PM
  • I took it as being the Report Viewer Control that ships with the Report Viewer Redistributable but it's a good call as I'd forgotten that they're on to their fourth version of this now.

@BRingrose Are you using 2005, 2008 or 2010 version?  I'm assuming you're not uing 2012 Beta?

Monday, June 11, 2012 1:54 PM