none
How to automatically run an application in an image of windows embedded standard 7 without desktop or command line RRS feed

• Question

• I want to make an image which has one application to run on it ,but I want it to run automatically when the windows starts and I want this image to be without user interface to access any other thing on the developed device. When I mark the windows explorer shell package, there is a desktop and the application can run automatically when I put its shortcut in start up folder. When I mark the "Command Prompt Shell with Custom Shell Support" package, there was no desktop (as I want), but the shortcuts in start up folder don't run automatically. I want my application to run automatically when the windows starts without a desktop or a command line. I changed the value of the custom shell in settings/properties pane in Image configuration editor to the name of the application I want it to run automatically and the article in the first link in your reply mentioned in step 6 that I must place my shell in the $OEM$ subfolder and it gave an example the $OEM$\$$\System32 subfolder, but there is no subfolder in my distribution share path with this name to put my shell there. So how can I implement step 6?. I want to check about some thing in step 5 if I should write the path or just the name of the application and if I write them under the value column as the path column didn't give me the option to chage it. Don't I need to install the target application ( the program that the application will open with) for the first time when I start the device and if Yes, how can I do that without desktop or command line.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 3:22 PM

Answers

• Please keep your response to the same thread for ease of tracking.

You have to create the $OEM$ Folders\myShell\$OEM$\$$\System32 path in the distribution share. The path inthe package setting would be c:\windows\system32\myshell.exe.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 4:08 PM