none
Connection Aborted error installing with pip in Python Environments

Question

• I am trying to install numpy and matplotlib using pip in Python Environments on Visual Studio. I am able to click install, and it looks like everything is up to date and downloaded. I am using Python 3.4, both pip and setuptools are installed. However, when I go to install, I start getting several "retrying" messages that look like they stem from a Protocol Error. Here is the output from attempting to install:

----- Installing 'numpy' -----
    Collecting numpy
      Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by 'ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(10054, 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host', None, 10054, None))': /simple/numpy/
      Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement numpy (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for numpy
    ----- Failed to install 'numpy' -----

I have been searching the issue and haven't been able to find much regarding the problem. One place said it might be caused by my security system, but the solution to install was from 2007, which seemed out of date.

Thanks!

• Edited by lindsajw Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:54 PM
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:41 AM Python Extensions for VS question
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:53 PM

All replies

• You've posted to the VB.Net forum so we won't be able to help with Python tools here.  I'm not sure that there is a most appropriate forum for this question.  I'm going to move it to the Visual Studio general forum and maybe someone will be able to assist you further or direct you to a more appropriate place.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:40 AM
  • Hi lindsajw,

Since Our forum is discussing about VS general question like how to set/configure Visual Studio and Visual Studio tools.

And about Python question, I suggest you could try to ask your question to the Q&A in Python Tools for Visual Studio.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, July 1, 2016 1:54 AM