none
Visual Studios 2017 SQL Database

Question

• Greetings, 

I am currently programming a database to run from a main Server with multiple computers connect to it. The database itself is about complete at this point, but when I publish it on the server it appears that I am the only one capable, through my computer, of adding any data to the database. 

When I try to run the database in the server through a different computer, not only does it not load any prior information but the information I try to save at that time won't come through either. I also keep getting the following error when running the database in any computer but mine: "Unhandled exeption has occurred in your application. If you lick continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue....A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server..."

Now, my current theory is that I am overlooking details in how to properly build an SQL database in visual studios. Is it possible that I need to set some sort of permissions or whatnot? 

Any help would be welcomed! 

Thank you. 

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi rainwhole,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you use SQL Server Data Tools in visual studio to build SQL database?

Besides, please share your steps about publishing it on the server and provide the detailed information about the error.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 06, 2017 5:59 AM
  • Hi rainwhole,

This issue is related to the sql server connection remotely.

>>"Unhandled exeption has occurred in your application. If you lick continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue....A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server...".

Based on the error messages, I think you could refer to the following blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/walzenbach/2010/04/14/how-to-enable-remote-connections-in-sql-server-2008/

It shared us the detailed steps about how to enable remote connections in SQL Server even if it was about the old SQL server 2008.

Like my above suggestions, if it is the sql server issue, like this case here, I think you could also get useful information from the SQL Server forum.

If I misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:19 AM