none
Error code 0x800F081F on Windows 10 PC RRS feed

• Question

• I have .net framework 1.1 installed on my PC running windows 10. I need to upgrade this to version 3.5 to install my video editing software, but I am getting error code: 0x800F081F. Message reads: "Windows couldn't find the required files to complete the requested changes". I have tried to enable framework 3.5 from the windows control panel "Turn Windows features on or off" by checking the box and clicking OK, but I get the error message and I am prompted to check my internet connection. I don't have an installation disk for windows 10. What else can I try?
    Friday, February 9, 2018 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please go into RegEdit and set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU folder. DoubleClick on UseWUServer(UseWindowsUpdateServer) and change the value to 0, and check the result. You may need to restart afterwards.

Besides, the 0x800F081F error may also occur because the component setting in Group Policy is disabled. You should enable it to see if this fixes the error. To do so:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2) Type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter on your keyboard.

3) Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System.

4) Double click Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.

5) Select Enabled. Then click OK.

6) Try installing .NET Framework 3.5. If this method works for you, you won’t see the error again. Otherwise, you should try the method below.

refer:https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-net-framework-3-5-error-code-0x800f081f/

If the issue persists, you may need to download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.

refer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2734782/net-framework-3-5-installation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 12, 2018 2:42 AM
  • To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:
    1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:20 AM
  • To solve .NET 1.1 problem, follow these steps:

Launch the Run dialog box by pressing Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
    Now, type “gpedit.msc” (no quotes) inside the box, then click OK. Doing this should let you open the Group Policy Editor.
    Once the Group Policy Editor is up, go to the left-pane menu and navigate to this path:
    Computer Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->System

Go to the right panel, then scroll down until you find the ‘Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair’ entry.
    Double-click the entry, then go to the top left-hand corner to select the box beside Enabled.
    Click OK.

Regards.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:55 AM