none
Issues in connecting to SFTP server with Biztalk 2013 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We upgraded to Biztalk 2013 r2 and facing issue connecting the SFTP server. We use the same configuration in Biztalk 2010 and Biztalk 2013 test environment it works fine there. But with the Biztalk 2013 r2 we getting set of errors like

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "Invoice" with URL "sftp://abc.def.com:22/xyz/*.*" to the adapter "SFTP". Reason: "Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.SftpInvoker.SftpException: List remote directory error.
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.SftpInvoker.SftpInvoker.ListRemoteDirectory(String dirname)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Sftp.SftpRLConfig.ValidateConfiguration(SftpReceivePropertyBag receivePropertyBag)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Sftp.SftpRLConfig.CreateBinding(RHConfig rhConfig)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BtsServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnBeginOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint.Enable()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiveEndpoint..ctor(BizTalkEndpointContext endpointContext, IBTTransportProxy transportProxy, ControlledTermination control)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfReceiver`2.AddReceiveEndpoint(String url, IPropertyBag adapterConfig, IPropertyBag bizTalkConfig)".

The receive location "Invoice" with URL "sftp://abc.def.com:22/xyz/*.*" is shutting down. Details:"The Messaging Engine failed while notifying an adapter of its configuration. ".

The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "System.Exception: Message: Open remote file for read error.. Sftp Error Code: '3221488178'. Sftp Error message: 'The system cannot find the file specified.
    '. ---> Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.SftpInvoker.SftpException: Open remote file for read error.

The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "The WCF service host at address "sftp://abc.def.com:22/xyz/*.*" has faulted and as a result no more messages can be received on the corresponding receive location. To fix the issue, BizTalk Server will automatically attempt to restart the service host.".

The credentials are correct and we have permission to read/write from the specified folder. Has anybody faced this before.

Thanks

Monday, January 12, 2015 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Vdha,

Have you tried FileZilla to access the SFTP location ? If yes then can you let me know the type of SFTP Server(e.g whether its windows or any other type ).

There is some bug with current SFTP adapter which can be addressed in next cumulative update . I have already described in my previous post

BizTalk 2013 SFTP List remote directory error

If by all these changes your SFTP adapter could not work then I would suggest to get in contact with MS to get some private build for this bug.

Thanks

Abhishek

Monday, January 12, 2015 5:47 PM
  • Then the last option available is to raise this case with Microsoft support. As there is no official word from Microsoft as this issue as bug, we can't comment unless it’s officially informed by Microsoft as bug.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by vdha Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:05 PM

All replies

• I would check the following for this error:

• Ensure the path of the remote server directory is correct.
    • Ensure account that BizTalk is using to connect has the rights.

Though it was working in BizTalk 2013, when you migrated to another version, the server/network details would have changes. Check the new server has rights/permissions to access the SFTP folder.

Try to use SFTP client tools like FileZilla and in the server and try to access the ASFTP folder to ensure you can access the SFTP from your BizTalk server.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, January 12, 2015 2:53 PM
  • Ashwin,

Checked everything with the configurations like path, credentials. I also checked the permissions to the SFTP folder. Also checked the connection using FileZilla. Everything looks good.

Monday, January 12, 2015 3:21 PM
  • Can you recreate the port with SFTP adapter again with exactly the same setting as you gave in FileZilla. Because if you had created it using the import binding something would have corrupted. Redo the binding agin manually.

try configure the port which has SFTP adpter with a host which has 32-bit only enabled.

Monday, January 12, 2015 5:32 PM
  • Hi Vdha,

Have you tried FileZilla to access the SFTP location ? If yes then can you let me know the type of SFTP Server(e.g whether its windows or any other type ).

There is some bug with current SFTP adapter which can be addressed in next cumulative update . I have already described in my previous post

BizTalk 2013 SFTP List remote directory error

If by all these changes your SFTP adapter could not work then I would suggest to get in contact with MS to get some private build for this bug.

Thanks

Abhishek

Monday, January 12, 2015 5:47 PM
  • I have a similar problem, although mine seems to be cured by simply re-enabling the receive location. I have a more troubling issue, which is I got the following message in the event log overnight

"The adapter "SFTP" raised an error message. Details "The WCF service host at address "sftp://localhost:22/incoming/XX_*.csv" has faulted and as a result no more messages can be received on the corresponding receive location. To fix the issue, BizTalk Server will automatically attempt to restart the service host."."

The host this receive location is running under is on and running and the port is showing enabled, but my SFTP server logs show NO polling from the time of this error. I can only assume because the channel has faulted, we're screwed. Sounds like an adapter bug ? Guess we might need to go back to BizCrypto :)

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:40 AM
  • I tried to delete the existing port and created a new port with the correct credentials. But I am still getting the same error.

I tried to test the connection using FileZilla and even tested the connecting in Biztalk 2010,2013 server and it works fine there.

Tried using the Blogical SFTP adapter v1.6 too,even that gives me error "Unable to connect to Sftp host".

• Edited by vdha Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:03 PM
  • Then the last option available is to raise this case with Microsoft support. As there is no official word from Microsoft as this issue as bug, we can't comment unless it’s officially informed by Microsoft as bug.

• Marked as answer by vdha Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:45 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:05 PM