Failed Performance Suspend Tests RRS feed

• Question

• Hy everybody,

my name is Cristian and I have a small app in the store called Subsonic8. I was able to deploy the app to the store several times (it's at it's 6th update now) but I randomly get failed validations on suspension both in the store and using WACK. Actually I never could pass this test on my PC but I shrugged this of to me having a weird setup (running VM's, multiple background programs etc.). Still I am beginning to get a bit frustrated with this as the code I use seems to be ok and the app responds really quickly (the tests that I've done show a suspend time of around 100 milliseconds). Is there anything you could recommend to me solving this issue?

By the way the code that I use in my handler (with the timestamps I added to check for performance issues) is:

var startTime = DateTime.Now;
                var deferral = e.SuspendingOperation.GetDeferral();
                await SuspensionManager.SaveAsync();
                deferral.Complete();
                var finalTime = DateTime.Now;
                Debug.WriteLine("{0}", (finalTime - startTime).TotalMilliseconds);

Monday, September 9, 2013 5:29 PM

All replies

• Sorry, there's not nearly enough information to go on to diagnose this problem.  Are you failing certification?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, September 9, 2013 7:29 PM