HOW CAN I SHARE MY DATABASE OF MS ACCESS TO LAN USERS ? RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE DEVELOPED A DATABASE WHICH CALCULATE THE ASSESSMENT OF STUDENTS. DIFFERENT TEACHERS WILL BENEFIT FROM THAT DATABASE. I HAVE A GREAT PROBLEM IN SHARING DIFFERENT USERS FROM THE SAME DATABASE. WHAT IS PROCEDURE TO SHARE THE SAME DATABASE TO ALL USER SO THAT THEY CAN ENTER DATA AT THE SAME TIME FROM DIFFERENT COMPUTERS. CAN ANY BODY HELP ME PLEASE. I AM GETTING VERY ANNOYING MESSAGES FROM OTHER COMPUTERS.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 11:26 AM

Answers

• First, you should set your SQL SERVER like this

Configuring Remote Connections For SQL Server Express 2005

Second, set your client sql connection string like this

string sqlcon = "Data Source=172.18.39.32;Database=YKTGOODS;user Id=sa;PWD=";

172.18.39.32 is your Server IP
    If (My Answer) Please mark the replies as answer. Thanks; Else Thank you all the same;
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:55 AM
  • If its a MS Access database, the only way you can share it is to put it in a shared folder and configure the application to use the database from the shared folder. However, please be advised that MS Access lets only a limited number of users to access at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Technocrat_Aspire
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:42 PM

All replies

• First, you should set your SQL SERVER like this

Configuring Remote Connections For SQL Server Express 2005

Second, set your client sql connection string like this

string sqlcon = "Data Source=172.18.39.32;Database=YKTGOODS;user Id=sa;PWD=";

172.18.39.32 is your Server IP
    If (My Answer) Please mark the replies as answer. Thanks; Else Thank you all the same;
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:55 AM
  • If its a MS Access database, the only way you can share it is to put it in a shared folder and configure the application to use the database from the shared folder. However, please be advised that MS Access lets only a limited number of users to access at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Technocrat_Aspire
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:42 PM