none
The current solution has projects that are located outside the solution folder... So I can't add solution to Git!!

Question

• Hi,

The solution is located at: C:\Users\juan_\Documents\Binaries\fltk-1.3.3

while its projects are located at: C:\Users\juan_\Documents\Binaries\fltk-1.3.3\test

What is the problem? They are all in the same tree!! Or, do I need to move them ALL to the exact same folder that contains the solution???

Regards,

Juan Dent

Juan Dent

Friday, May 20, 2016 12:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the project can be in a subfolder, but I doubt that you really have it that way.

You could check the .sln file to see the paths inside there. There should be lines inside which start with Project and have this format:

Project("{guid}") = "Name of Project", "Path\Projectfile", "{guid}"

Please check the paths - they should all be relativ and should not leave the solution directory.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 20, 2016 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the project can be in a subfolder, but I doubt that you really have it that way.

You could check the .sln file to see the paths inside there. There should be lines inside which start with Project and have this format:

Project("{guid}") = "Name of Project", "Path\Projectfile", "{guid}"

Please check the paths - they should all be relativ and should not leave the solution directory.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 20, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

I found what is going on. The solution I am using was generated by CMake and although its projects are all within the solution tree, the source files are not!

I wonder if there is a way to not have to move all the sources or if perhaps using Team Services instead of GitHub may solve this...

BTW how can I remove a solution from Git and add it to Team services?

Best regards,

Juan

Juan Dent

Friday, May 20, 2016 5:36 PM