Localhost on my phone RRS feed

• Question

• User-1034524349 posted

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right place, but what I would like to know is, is there a way I can develop a mobile site and then test it on both localhost and on my phone? Just like I would if it was a browser???

Cheers,

Mike.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:32 AM

All replies

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

instead of hosting a webserver localhost on your phone, don't even know if that exists but it sounds rather strange, simply make use of IIS on your dev machine and connect to that.

Grz, Kris.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:49 AM
  • User-1034524349 posted

Hi Kris,

That’s exactly what I want to do but I’m very new to developing for phones, so please bare with me. I also think I work a little differently to most in that I like to see my websites in a browser while testing and not in the default browser that comes with VS, so my question may have come through a little wrong.

I would like to test as you say via Localhost on my phone, I guess I will need to connect my phone via USB to my PC, but have no idea what to do then.

Thanks,

Mike.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:21 AM
  • User541108374 posted

Hi,

I would like to test as you say via Localhost on my phone, I guess I will need to connect my phone via USB to my PC, but have no idea what to do then.

simply navigate to the url of the site like you would do with your browser but instead of making use of localhost make use of the IP address of the server pc.

Another approach would be to make use of an emulator. For example http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/ or make use of the free Windows Phone 7 developer tools. That one ships also with a Windows Phone 7 emulator.

Grz, Kris.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:51 AM