pre-FBA Blue Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All...

I have a new build on a FAT CF in which bootprep was successfully run. When I restart the system and await FBA, a blue screen flashes (no idea what it says), and then the systems reboots and this process infinitely loops. Thanks for any help, I know we can get this!!

-I have seen a post on this last night, before I had this error, and it is impossible for me to hunt it down!

-matt

Friday, April 2, 2010 7:44 PM

Answers

•  

There is an option in th User Interface Core: Automatically restart when the system fails

Uncheck this option and try again,. If you get the bluescreen, the post the BSOD number.

If the BSOD is STOP 7B, the you might want to take a look at this paper: http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPE%20Stop%200x0000007B%20Error_FINAL_v2.pdf

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, April 2, 2010 9:29 PM

All replies

•  

There is an option in th User Interface Core: Automatically restart when the system fails

Uncheck this option and try again,. If you get the bluescreen, the post the BSOD number.

If the BSOD is STOP 7B, the you might want to take a look at this paper: http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPE%20Stop%200x0000007B%20Error_FINAL_v2.pdf

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Friday, April 2, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Outstanding! Got the 7B error and cleared it up with your paper. Thanks!. The 7B was followed up by a 6B, because I had not added the proper components to support the FAT. I'm now fully up and running, not to mention very appreciative.

Sunday, April 4, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Cool!

-Sean

Sunday, April 4, 2010 4:34 PM