none
How to read Active Directory group policy object from a remote non windows machine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Could you please provide me some information about how to programmatically access Windows AD server grop policy setting from non windows machine. I have a non windows machine which is joined to WIN2012 AD domain and i need to programatically access GPO settings in AD from that machine. More spefically, I need to develope a tool/service like netlogon service for a non windows platform, which can read MaximumPasswordAge  GPO setting from AD server.

Thanks

Jimmy

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Jimmy, I will be assisting you with this issue. Let me investigate the specifications and I will get in touch with you once I gather some information.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:04 PM
  • Hello Sreekanth,

Looks like, lsarpc protocol needs to be used for retriving group policy setting. Is that correct ?

Thanks

Jimmy

Friday, February 13, 2015 1:38 PM
  • Hello Jimmy, you would need to use LDAP. If you can contact me by sending e-mail to dochelp at microsoft dot com, I can share a network trace with you so that you can see how it works over the wire.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 3:27 AM
  • Hello Srerkanth,

Sent mail for sharing network trace, subject of the mail is "How to read Active Directory group policy object"

Thanks

Jimmy

Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:09 AM
  • Hello Jimmy,  I have sent you reference network trace captured while retrieving maximum password age from AD using the sample code from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974598.aspx. It shows how LDAP can be used for scenarios you are interested in. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 3:47 PM