Metro IE10 Bookmarklet's - ReadItLater or InstaPaper

Question

• Does anyone know if it is possible to use bookmarklet's such as those created for ReadItLater or InstaPaper with the Metro version of IE10? I really like the metro IE but I rely on ReadItLater far too much to give it up and so far I have been unable to figure out a way to make these types of bookmarlets work.

Anyone else have this trouble and figure it out?

And yes I know I can switch to the desktop version of IE10 but on a tablet the Metro version is much easier to use.

Monday, October 17, 2011 3:12 PM

All replies

• I suggest you contact the manufacturer's of ReadItLater and see if it will run on Windows Developer Preview.
    You can use the link below to ask a question on their website.
    http://support.readitlaterlist.com/

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:55 PM
  • This was actually more of a general question about the Metro version of IE. I wonder if it supports this concept of a bookmark that acts on the current page?

I really like the feel of the Metro IE but it really seems to have VERY limited functionality. This is just one example of the kind of thing that may end up forcing people to not use it.

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:23 PM
  • It doesn't support any add-ons or plugins. No flash, Silverlight, toolbars, form fillers, password managers, or anything like that. This means that every other site is broken. I believe that they will change this before shipping. It would drive me crazy having to remember the logins for the hundreds of sites I use.
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:15 PM