none
Managed Debugging Assistant 'FatalExecutionEngineError' has detected a problem in 'myApp.exe'. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys!

suddenly i got the following exceptions in my vb.net app:

1. Unhandled exception at 0x765dc41f in myApp.exe: 0xE0434352: 0xe0434352.

Managed Debugging Assistant 'FatalExecutionEngineError' has detected a problem in 'myApp.exe'.
    Additional Information: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x667e0702, on thread 0x1328. The error code is 0x80131506. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.
    If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

3. An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in Unknown Module.

i face this exception suddenly without any changing in my code, here is my code: 

Try
                connp.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Application.StartupPath & "\report.mdb"
                connp.Open()
                ds.Reset()
                strsql = "select * from tab1"
                cmd.CommandText = strsql
                cmd.Connection = connp
                da.SelectCommand = cmd
                da.Fill(ds)
                Dim strreportpath As String = ""
                Dim prnset As New Printing.PrinterSettings
                Dim pg As New Printing.PageSettings
                rptdocument.Load(Application.StartupPath & "\Reports\cashrpt.rpt")
                rptdocument.SetDataSource(ds.Tables(0))
                rptdocument.SetDatabaseLogon("", "", "", Application.StartupPath + "\report.mdb")
                prnset.PrinterName = cashprinter
                rptdocument.PrintToPrinter(prnset, pg, False)
                rptdocument.Close()
                rptdocument.Dispose()
                connp.Close()
            Catch ex As Exception
                MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
            End Try

i got that exception in this line:

rptdocument.Load(Application.StartupPath & "\Reports\cashrpt.rpt")

everything was working okay, i don't know what's happen!

i tried to clean and rebuild the app, and tried to change compile method but nothing can resolve this.

any idea please?

• Edited by eng.bassel Monday, December 4, 2017 7:59 AM editing
    Monday, December 4, 2017 7:59 AM

Answers

• Then create another new report, try it with the new report. See if the same thing happens.

Also, have there been any updates done on your machine?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by eng.bassel Monday, December 4, 2017 2:43 PM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 2:03 PM

All replies

• Here are some questions

Are you sure the report file is valid and not open by another application or process?

Has the data changed at all?

Have you tried running withing the IDE and also from Windows Explorer?

If the code has not changed then the issue should be with a corrupt, missing or currently open report file.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, December 4, 2017 12:43 PM
  • report file is valid and not open by another application.

the problem occurred even in IDE and windows explorer.

no changes has made to the code recently.

Monday, December 4, 2017 2:01 PM
  • Then create another new report, try it with the new report. See if the same thing happens.

Also, have there been any updates done on your machine?

VB Forums - moderator

• Marked as answer by eng.bassel Monday, December 4, 2017 2:43 PM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 2:03 PM