none
Could Search Command support filter by date and serverId ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all:

I am trying to search from remote exchange server by the SEARCH command like below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Search xmlns="Search:" xmlns:airsync="AirSync:">
    <Store>
    <Name>Mailbox</Name>
    <Query>
    <And>
    <airsync:CollectionId>7</airsync:CollectionId>
    <FreeText>Keywords</FreeText>
    </And>
    </Query>
    <Options>
    <RebuildResults />
    <Range>0-4</Range>
    <DeepTraversal/>
    </Options>
    </Store>
    </Search>

I wonder that is there any way to search mail before a date(ex. 1-Jun-2011) ?

And is there any way to search mails by serverId or transffer a serverId to LongId ?

Thanks a lot.

Friday, September 16, 2011 3:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nehe:

I have alerted Protocol documentation team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi
    Friday, September 16, 2011 9:13 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Nehe Tsai, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:46 PM
  • Thanks and wish your answer :-P
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Hi Nehe Tsai, the complete list of elements that can be used by the Search command is located in MS-ASCMD section 2.2.2.14.

In order to search for emails before a specific date you need to use a combination of the LessThan element with the email:DateReceived and Value child elements. Take a look at the schema in section 2.2.2.14.1 for additional information.

The ServerId element is not supported by the Search command. Also, the LongId element is part of the Search Response, not the Request. What are you trying to accomplish with that?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hi JCurry:

Thanks for your reply.

I've successful to search before a specific date.

For the ServerId and LongId issue, I want to identify a email which I synced by ServerId is the one I searched by LongId.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:53 AM
  • Hi Neha Tsai, there is no direct conversion between ServerId and LongId. If you want to verify that a message was successfully synchronized with the server you could try using the ServerId from the Sync response and then use that with the  Fetch element as part of an ItemOperations command.

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:07 PM