none
Can't find Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to recompile an Outlook add-on on a new computer with Visual Studio 2013. One of the things the program imports is Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Security. However, I can't find it to add in the references, so it's constatnly telling me that it can't be found. I did some digging and found out that this reference requires Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v10.0.dll (reference: [can't post link yet; just do an internet search for the .dll]). I can't find anywhere on MSDN or Microsoft's website to get the .dll. Does anyone know how I can get it, where to find it, or some other solution?

Note: I can't access the old computer to get the .dll. All I have is the code.

Thanks!

Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:02 PM

Answers

• It's not a method that's holding me up, but a class. Here's the code:

Dim entry As AddInSecurityEntry

I can probably work around this with a different or custom class, but I'm trying to make as few changes to the code as possible since if I make a change, there's a good chance I'll have to go through 3 or so functions and tweak them to work with the new class.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

>> I can't find it to add in the references, so it's constatnly telling me that it can't be found

I think you could not add the reference in VS2013. From the link below, we could know the Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.v10.0.dll is the Office Extensions for the .net framework 3.5 and it is no longer exist in Office extensions for .net framework 4 and .net framework 4.5.

# Assemblies in the Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee712616.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    After you recompile an Outlook add-in with VS2013, your project will be changed to .net framework 4.5.

>> One of the things the program imports is Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.Security.

Could you share us which methods you used in this reference, I assume that these methods in this reference has been moved to other reference or has been removed. I suggest you open your project in VS2013, remove the dlls which did not exist, and check the methods which did not exist.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 17, 2015 7:37 AM
  • It's not a method that's holding me up, but a class. Here's the code:

Dim entry As AddInSecurityEntry

I can probably work around this with a different or custom class, but I'm trying to make as few changes to the code as possible since if I make a change, there's a good chance I'll have to go through 3 or so functions and tweak them to work with the new class.
    Monday, July 20, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi Adam,

I am glad you could work around this with a different or custom class. It would be appreciated if you could share us workaround, and it would be helpful if others run into this issue. I have tried to find whether there is a replace for this to make few changes to the code, but it seems that there is no simple way. With .net 3.5, you could use AddInSecurityEntry, with .net 4.5, you need to work with a different class.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:16 AM