webhosting RRS feed

• Question

• User-1716445599 posted

hi firiends,

Iam planning to develope a sit using dot net.

so please suggest me:

best webhosting company

procedure for developing(webforms or mvc which is preferable) 

best cms.

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:44 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Regarding Hosting

You may want to visit Microsoft's recommend hosting page available here. It contains hundreds of different hosting providers that have been approved and recommended by Microsoft. You can search and filter through them based on a variety of different categories (such as price, server type, environment, bandwidth, uptime and more). There really isn't going to be a single "best" one, but you can sort them by highest rated or check out the options within the "Spotlight" area for higher rated recommendations.

Regarding Development Platform

This is a bit of a tricky question as we don't really know your skillset and what you can or have currently developed in. This is also up to personal preference, as I would recommend if you are going to be working on a project that you do it in a language and environment that you are comfortable with (unless this is being done as a learning exercise).

With that being said, if you were inexperienced with both technologies, I would highly recommend taking the MVC route as not only is it based on a newer pattern than WebForms, but I find it a bit faster to develop and not as "cluttered" as WebForms can often seem to be (you may find a slight performance benefit as well due to the lack of a ViewState).

You can learn more about each of these technologies by visiting the Web Forms and MVC sections of the Get Started area on this site or check out the individual areas, Web Forms and MVC above.

Regarding a CMS

There really isn't any best option for this either. Although I would suggest giving Orchard a try. It is based on ASP.NET MVC and has a wonderful community and a huge gallery of different extensions that can easily be integrated into it. I have had a great deal of success working with it and I would be hard pressed to migrate to another CMS after using it.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 8:50 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi radha

You could have a try host your website on Windows Azure, you can get Windows Azure 90 day free trial.  You can learn some advantages using Windows Azure host below,

Build highly scalable web sites on Windows Azure,

Quickly and easily deploy sites to a highly scalable cloud environment that allows you to start small and scale as traffic grows.

Use the languages and open source apps of your choice then deploy with FTP, Git and TFS. Easily integrate Windows Azure services like SQL Database, Caching, CDN and Storage.

hope it helps you,

With regards

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:50 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

best webhosting company

It really depends on what features you are looking for. You can go for a hosting service like godaddy or you can go for a cloud hosting like windows Azure or Rackspace.

It also depends. Following video will get you started to choose the right programming modal for your project.

http://www.asp.net/web-forms/videos/how-do-i/choosing-the-right-programming-model

best cms.

Have a look at the following

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/categories.aspx?category=ContentMgmt

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:23 AM

All replies

• User-1028151323 posted

Those are all really opinion questions.

I've seen more call for MVC positions lately so that's the only thing I could suggest in response.

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:47 AM
  • User281315223 posted

Regarding Hosting

You may want to visit Microsoft's recommend hosting page available here. It contains hundreds of different hosting providers that have been approved and recommended by Microsoft. You can search and filter through them based on a variety of different categories (such as price, server type, environment, bandwidth, uptime and more). There really isn't going to be a single "best" one, but you can sort them by highest rated or check out the options within the "Spotlight" area for higher rated recommendations.

Regarding Development Platform

This is a bit of a tricky question as we don't really know your skillset and what you can or have currently developed in. This is also up to personal preference, as I would recommend if you are going to be working on a project that you do it in a language and environment that you are comfortable with (unless this is being done as a learning exercise).

With that being said, if you were inexperienced with both technologies, I would highly recommend taking the MVC route as not only is it based on a newer pattern than WebForms, but I find it a bit faster to develop and not as "cluttered" as WebForms can often seem to be (you may find a slight performance benefit as well due to the lack of a ViewState).

You can learn more about each of these technologies by visiting the Web Forms and MVC sections of the Get Started area on this site or check out the individual areas, Web Forms and MVC above.

Regarding a CMS

There really isn't any best option for this either. Although I would suggest giving Orchard a try. It is based on ASP.NET MVC and has a wonderful community and a huge gallery of different extensions that can easily be integrated into it. I have had a great deal of success working with it and I would be hard pressed to migrate to another CMS after using it.

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:50 AM
  • User311508580 posted

Hi radha,

Please visit our site. We support asp.net. :)

• User-166373564 posted

Hi radha

You could have a try host your website on Windows Azure, you can get Windows Azure 90 day free trial.  You can learn some advantages using Windows Azure host below,

Build highly scalable web sites on Windows Azure,

Quickly and easily deploy sites to a highly scalable cloud environment that allows you to start small and scale as traffic grows.

Use the languages and open source apps of your choice then deploy with FTP, Git and TFS. Easily integrate Windows Azure services like SQL Database, Caching, CDN and Storage.

hope it helps you,

With regards

• User71929859 posted

Hello,

best webhosting company

It really depends on what features you are looking for. You can go for a hosting service like godaddy or you can go for a cloud hosting like windows Azure or Rackspace.

It also depends. Following video will get you started to choose the right programming modal for your project.

http://www.asp.net/web-forms/videos/how-do-i/choosing-the-right-programming-model

best cms.

Have a look at the following

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/categories.aspx?category=ContentMgmt

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:23 AM