Can't create Workflow projects? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Visual Studio 2010 Professional.

If I create a stock ActivityDesigner project, don't change anything, I can open the xaml file and see the designer.

If I create a stock ActiveLibrary project and double click on the Activity1.xaml file, I get: Index was out of range. ???

Same problem if I create a WCF workflow service and try double clicking on the xamlx file. Am I missing some component or something?

Never worked with WF before, just messing around with it.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:19 PM

Answers

• You also might want to try disabling VS extensions and restarting VS before you create the project, as this can often solve otherwise inexplicable problems in VS.
    Tim

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:24 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can right-click the Activity1.xaml file, click "View Code", then post the code here. We'll be able to check the source code to see if the template file is corrupt.

If it created a corrupt template file, you may need to repair the .Net Framework installation:

Silent install, repair and uninstall command lines for the .NET Framework 4

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2010/05/12/10011664.aspx?PageIndex=5

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 2, 2012 10:38 AM
  • You also might want to try disabling VS extensions and restarting VS before you create the project, as this can often solve otherwise inexplicable problems in VS.
    Tim

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:24 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 3:39 PM