supported USB Wireless adapters for Windows Embedded? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any USB wireless adapter cards that work with Windows Embedded Standard?
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:03 AM

Answers

• We had a Belkin Wireless Adapter and running the WinXP installer fails. Belkin suggested to our IT engineer to not use the installer and instead copy the XP drivers to the system install them manually. That worked.
    • Marked as answer by MSDevNeophyte Friday, April 3, 2009 8:06 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2009 8:06 PM

All replies

• If they work or have drivers for Windows XP Pro, they will work with WES/XPe. Just create a device driver component and add all the wireless networking support components.

-Sean
    www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 11:41 AM
  • I was hoping to find a device that I can directly install and use on my already built image. We had success with the Sierra Wireless Broadband AirCard and its installer, and was hoping there's a USB Wireless LAN adapter that would install directly.  Thanks.
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 2:05 AM
  • We had a Belkin Wireless Adapter and running the WinXP installer fails. Belkin suggested to our IT engineer to not use the installer and instead copy the XP drivers to the system install them manually. That worked.
    • Marked as answer by MSDevNeophyte Friday, April 3, 2009 8:06 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2009 8:06 PM