Migarating from Microsoft Test Manager 2010 to 2012 - Lab Center disabled RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of migarating from MTM 2010 to MTM 2012. In MTM2010, I had some settings in Lab center. But when I open the same test plan from MTM 2012, I am unable to view any of my MTM 2010 lab settings. The entire Lab and Library section is disabled with the below error. (sorry, for some reason, I am unable to post images/links)

"This area of lab center is disabled because you are using a newer version of Microsoft Test Manager to connect to an older version of Team foundation server. To access this functionality, install and use a compatible version of Microsoft Test Manager on this Machine. Note that you can run both the newer and older versions of Microsoft Test Manager side-by-side on the same machine."

Also, when I open the Controllers section in Lab Manager, I see the controllers are unavailable.

"The test controller is currently unavailabe. Ask your administrator to connect to the test controller machine, launch the test configuration tool, and re-configure it with correct Team Foundation Server and team project collection. Alternatively, look at the events in the event viewer of the test controller machine to identify the problem. Once the problem is resolved, click refresh."

Thanks for your help!

• Moved by John Qiao Monday, December 17, 2012 6:18 AM (From:Team Foundation Server - Work Item Tracking)
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi itsme255,

1. As far as I know that we are not supported to use MTM2012 to connect to TFS2010 Lab Management, that is the reason why got the error message. If you want to use MTM2012, you also need to upgrade to TFS2010 Lab Management to TFS2012 Lab Management.

2. Try to connect to the Lab Management with MTM2010 to see if the same issue exists. And also make sure you have configured the test controller to associate to the TFS collection correctly.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. So does it mean that I need to use TFS 2012 to be able to access Lab center via MTM 2012? I installed VS 2012 Ultimate in my machine. Isn't TFS 2012 a part of it? I have no issues in connecting to LAB Center via MTM 2010.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:23 PM