Enable IMAP4 on Exchange 2016 cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can anyone help on how to enable IMAP4 on exchange 2016 with 2 mailbox servers in the DAG. I have enabled the IMAP4 services and it is working with server name. Is there a way i can enable the IMAP4 connectivity using DAG name  instead of individual server name.

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the DAG name is usually tied to a CNO so changing the IP assignment of that name is not a good idea. You can use whatever load balancing namespace you have chosen for your Exchange and balance the IMAP ports on yourr load balancer or even make use of Round Robin DNS if that's what you're using.

If you use IMAPS, as you should these days, make sure that the certificate bound to the IMAPS contains the load balancing name or the SSL handshake will fail.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:14 PM
  • Is there a link available which describes the steps to enable IMAP4 on servers in DAG ? We have 2 mailbox servers connecting to a load balancer and we want IMAP4 connection enabled using the load balancer name  

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:30 PM
  • Well, you enable IMAP on each mailbox server, which you apparently already did, and then set up a virtual server on your LB. On how to do that, your LB vendor has the best documentation. 

Here's for KEMP or F5 or NetScaler.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 7:11 PM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help?

Also note that, this Exchange Server Development forum mainly focuses on scripting issues, And the previous TechNet Exchange forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, please post your issues there if you need further support. 

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020 7:26 AM
  • Thanks I will post my question there
    Wednesday, October 7, 2020 10:48 AM