Set an App to start up as admin for all users RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to set an application to startup as admin for any user?

I've tried Windows Task Schedule but .. --if I choose to run at Administrators account the task doesn't start for non admin log ons --If I choose to run at Users Account with Highest privileges the task runs as admin for admin users but doesn't for non admin users

Is there any thing I could for my app to run as admin for any user? ( of corse one of the admin user should allow my app to do that , but can they do it only once? )

My Target is Windows 7 , 8 and 8.1

If it is not possible at all could you please send a link to a official source where this information is available?

Why My app needs to run as Admin?
    I need to control Hide and Show for some admin windows ( For Instance , Send SW_SHOW, SW_HIDE for a elavated cmd prompt)

Friday, September 27, 2013 5:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can put it in System32 folder which starts up all applications as Administrative privileges, or you can create a Driver which starts up the application normally then performs a token elevation. This method may be much more complicated and hard although - this gives you much more control over this feature. 

There is also few registry locations available which open all their child-keys with Administrative privileges.

Or you can use CreateProcessWithLogonW function which may get the password and username of Administrator and store it for re-use it to elevate after then.

MSDN Documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682431.aspx

Regards

Rohan Vijjhalwar 

• Proposed as answer by Sunder Hamu Sunday, October 6, 2013 8:30 PM
    Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:47 PM