none
Visual Studio 2015 Crashes When Attempting to View Code File (aspx.cs)

Question

• I have a project in development that builds and seems to be working fine. Team member working on the same project (through TFS) has no issues, but when I attempt to view an aspx.cs file, Visual Studio crashes on me.

Any ideas why? Remedies?

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hi _JPD_,

>>Team member working on the same project (through TFS) has no issues, but when I attempt to view an aspx.cs file, Visual Studio crashes on me.

For the Crashed issue, we would think about different elements.

(1)Since you use the TFS as the version control tools, to make sure that it is not the project file issue, please discuss with other members, please make sure that you check out the latest projects to your local machine.

(2) Please create a blank solution, and then add all project files to the new blank solution, clean and rebuild your solution, open the .cs file again.

(3)Please also make sure that whether all web apps have the same issue, for example, if just the specific web project has this issue, like step 2, we would think about the project itself. But if all web projects have the same issue, maybe we would think about the VS Environment.

(4) Please disable some extension packages or functions in your VS IDE when you create the web projects, like the AI or others.

(5) Please also install the latest update package under TOOLS->Extensions and updates.

(6) Please also run your VS as the admin or in safe mode, so we could know that whether it has the permission requirement or it is related to the add-ins.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

(7) Please make sure that your task manage is free, so you'd better to close all third party tools or processes.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 08, 2016 7:57 AM

All replies

• Please send the message error or print with more information

If the answer was helpful vote

Thursday, January 07, 2016 12:38 AM
  • Hi _JPD_,

>>Team member working on the same project (through TFS) has no issues, but when I attempt to view an aspx.cs file, Visual Studio crashes on me.

For the Crashed issue, we would think about different elements.

(1)Since you use the TFS as the version control tools, to make sure that it is not the project file issue, please discuss with other members, please make sure that you check out the latest projects to your local machine.

(2) Please create a blank solution, and then add all project files to the new blank solution, clean and rebuild your solution, open the .cs file again.

(3)Please also make sure that whether all web apps have the same issue, for example, if just the specific web project has this issue, like step 2, we would think about the project itself. But if all web projects have the same issue, maybe we would think about the VS Environment.

(4) Please disable some extension packages or functions in your VS IDE when you create the web projects, like the AI or others.

(5) Please also install the latest update package under TOOLS->Extensions and updates.

(6) Please also run your VS as the admin or in safe mode, so we could know that whether it has the permission requirement or it is related to the add-ins.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

(7) Please make sure that your task manage is free, so you'd better to close all third party tools or processes.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 08, 2016 7:57 AM