Fingerprint Driver test and self-validate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have a question about Fingerprint Driver test and self-validate.

This link shows how to submit a fingerprint driver for windows hello. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/windows-hello-driver-signing)

Now I just do sign my new fingerprint driver with above method.

But in step two <Test your sensor and self-validate>, I can't get security review template and document.

Please help me to get documents for requirements and template for validate.

Thanks.

kms

Monday, October 29, 2018 9:52 AM

Answers

• Because of the security implications, I'm not sure they're much interested in fingerprint drivers from independent developers.  They assume you already have a Microsoft contact person who can verify that you're a legitimate vendor, and provide you access to the program.  Microsoft Connect no longer exists, but if you go to their web site, perhaps you can find an email alias to get you hooked up.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza &amp; Boekelheide, Inc.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:15 PM

All replies

• Because of the security implications, I'm not sure they're much interested in fingerprint drivers from independent developers.  They assume you already have a Microsoft contact person who can verify that you're a legitimate vendor, and provide you access to the program.  Microsoft Connect no longer exists, but if you go to their web site, perhaps you can find an email alias to get you hooked up.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza &amp; Boekelheide, Inc.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:15 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

kms

Sunday, November 4, 2018 6:29 AM