none
Estimating gateway hours (P2S VPN Gateway) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

We currently only allow access to our companies Azure resources based on IP restrictions from the office/company VPN. We are looking to add people from an external partner which we don't want to provide access to go over our VPN connection. These people connect from their home offices. We don't want to make our resources available to the internet. so we are looking into some options to have them go over a separate connection.

I'm a bit confused on how to correctly estimate Gateway hours and pricing. If I have 11 people across the world connected to a Point-2-site VPN Gateway for 10 hours a day. Is my total hours then 11 people x 10 hours x31 days = 3410 hours.  which amounts to a estimated cost of $4,262 a month?

* couldn't include picture of pricing calculator*

Thanks,

Monday, March 18, 2019 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Maarten, 

Azure Gateway cannot be stopped when not in use. The charge starts from the time you provision till you delete the Gateway. 

Reference: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/vpn-gateway/

"

Setting up a virtual network is free of charge. However, we do charge for the VPN gateway that connects to on-premises and other virtual networks in Azure. This charge is based on the amount of time that gateway is provisioned and available.

"

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:47 AM