none
Mailbox delegation support for Exchange ActiveSync clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is Mailbox delegation supported for Exchange ActiveSync clients ? If so, please point to the active sync specs.

Thanks

Sagar

Monday, June 23, 2014 6:18 AM

Answers

• G'day Sagar,

Obviously the Microsoft team may have more information, but a quick search of likely terms in the ActiveSync protocols docs didn't show anything related to mailbox delegation. The closest I could find was some stuff on calendar delegation (e.g. when you forward a meeting invite) in [MS-ASCMD] and [MS-ASEMAIL].

I guess you really only wanted to do activesync, but maybe implementing some of the EWS protocol may be an option (see  [MS-OXWSDLGM] to get an idea of how much work this might be).

Brad

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:19 PM

• Hi Sagar, the ActiveSync protocol documentation can be found HERE along with the rest of the Exchange Server protocol documentation set. The ActiveSync documents start with MS-AS*.

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want to know if it's possible to configure delegate access using ActiveSync, or something else?

Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Sagar,
                      Thank you for your inquiry about MS Exchange protocols. One of the Open specifications team member will contact you shortly.

Regards,
    Sreekanth Nadendla
    Microsoft Windows Open specifications

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:51 PM
  • G'day Sagar,

Obviously the Microsoft team may have more information, but a quick search of likely terms in the ActiveSync protocols docs didn't show anything related to mailbox delegation. The closest I could find was some stuff on calendar delegation (e.g. when you forward a meeting invite) in [MS-ASCMD] and [MS-ASEMAIL].

I guess you really only wanted to do activesync, but maybe implementing some of the EWS protocol may be an option (see  [MS-OXWSDLGM] to get an idea of how much work this might be).

Brad

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:19 PM
  • Hi Sagar, I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon. Thank you for your patience.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:06 PM

• Hi Sagar, the ActiveSync protocol documentation can be found HERE along with the rest of the Exchange Server protocol documentation set. The ActiveSync documents start with MS-AS*.

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish? Do you want to know if it's possible to configure delegate access using ActiveSync, or something else?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:10 PM
  • Hi Sagar, did Brad's response give you the information you needed, or are you still needing some assistance with this? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Monday, July 7, 2014 6:50 PM
  • Hi Josh, 

Yes, that answers my doubt. Thanks!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:47 AM