AT&T App "loses" the SIM card? RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't had this happen consistently but it has happened several times so I figured I would ask. I'll want to use the mobile broadband connection but it doesn't show at all on the Networks screen. So I'll start the AT&T app and it will say no SIM card is installed, or it will simply hang with the AT&T logo showing. If I totally power-down-reboot the tablet after this it will come back. Anyone else have this?
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:12 PM

All replies

• I have had that from time to time.

Is yours happening after sleep/resume? If so, is the AT&T app open when you're going to sleep?

Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:51 PM
  • It does seem to be affected by sleep/resume, and I suspect the SIM card driver because of that. A hard reboot generally fixes it.

I didn't have the AT&T app actively open during that time, but it's possible it was a suspended Metro app and I wasn't seeing it. I've also had situations where the AT&T app seemed to be hung. In most cases the only reason I'm messing with that app is that the connection is already broken though.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 9:14 PM
  • That happens to me occasionally, I can only assume that there is some issue resuming from sleep. We'll see if the Consumer Preview (beta) fixes it on February 29th.

Darren

Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:58 AM
  • Like others I've assumed that this happens because of a bug in the CTP. It's also happening on my machine, but a restart always brings the SIM card back to detectability.

-- Rob

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:08 PM
  • It happens to me as well, except the behavior is slightly different. In my case, simply going to sleep and then waking up (by pressing the power button twice) brings the AT&T Broadband option back. It disappears after a "long" sleep. Usually, the first time I turn on the tablet (i.e., resume from sleep) each day, there is no AT&T Broadband option. I press the power button twice, and it reappears. After that, it is always present after the PC goes to sleep. The story repeats next day.
    Friday, February 17, 2012 11:19 PM
  • This happened to me in the developer preview and I just thought the tablet hardware was messed up because a reboot didn't fix it.  I've not used the AT&T card for 6 months.  Installing the CP brought it back to life.  Since then I've noticed that it still disappears after a sleep, but a reboot brings it back.  
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:43 AM