none
Use of Office and office-like icons in Windows Phone 7 App RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have developed a nmber of Windows Phone 7 Apps that print Office documents stored on Skydrive by sending them to a PC that runs a WCF service (provided free to the user of the App) where Office is installed. No printing can happen if Office is not installed on the WCF PC.

My Apps are being rejected by the certification process "because they use Office icons".

Initially I was using the office icon pack that can be freely downloaded from the Microsoft Office Download center, so I changed the icons to ones that were similar (but not too much) and again got my apps duly rejected "because they were using Office icons". I canged the icons again to be very dissimilar to the Office icons, but still have a blue W for word, a green X for Excel etc. and again I had my apps duly rejected.

Can somebody please tell me if there is a set of approved Microsoft icons that I can use in Windows Phone 7 or Metro apps?

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:54 AM

All replies

• Hi PGMariotti,

As far as I know, there's not a set of approved Microsoft icons, we need to make the icons to be different with the Microsoft's icons.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 16, 2012 4:29 AM
  • My apps get rejected even when the icons are similar but different. It seems that if an icon makes people think of MS Word or MS Excel, some little dictator in the App review team feels he must reject it. THis is not consistent, some Apps get approved while similar ones are rejected, some get approved and then an update to the same app is rejected... Therer seems to be no consistent approach to App validation.
    Monday, April 16, 2012 6:45 AM