Status Parameter RRS feed

• Question

• When does the value of /<ProviderID>/Push/Status get updated ? It stores the value of 0(success) even when a wrong PFN is set. But the document shows 1(Failure:Invalid PFN) as the error code for wrong PFN.

• Moved by Eric Fleck Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:24 PM MDM related question
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:22 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by wrong PFN?

The Status value is set when you first set the PFN and should be updated when the client get's a response from the registration request sent to WNS server.

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Okay the protocol document says that the /<ProviderID>/Push/Status CSP can take the values 0, 1, till 7 where 0 is success and rest are failure. I never seem to get the status value other than 0. 

By wrong PFN i mean that i am setting a PFN that does not pertain to the app. Shoudnt the status be set as 1 pertaining to invalid PFN.? 

Can you clearly explain me clearly what scenarios will lead to the the Status parameter taking different values as listed in the MDM protocol document.?

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:36 PM