is it possible to develop window 7 mobile application form visual studio 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

plese let me know that is it possible to develop window 7 mobile application from visual studio 11.

(2)window 8 mobile application can run on destop and tablet ?

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

at the moment it is not possible to create Windows Phone Applications with Visual Studio 11 Beta. Please see this blog entry for more details: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2012/03/05/windows-8-and-the-windows-phone-sdk.aspx It mainly covers Windows 8 and the SDKs for Windows Phone but at the end it talks about Windows Phone SDK and Visual Studio 11 Beta.

Regarding the 2nd question it gets more complicated in my eyes. So far I didn't see a full Windows 8 Tablet specification. So all I can talk about is using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my PCs - but even my Tablet is a full PC (Asus Eee Slate ep121). I am looking forward for the first real Tablets and how good they will work.

But I expect that the new Metro Stype Applications will run on Desktops and Tablets. (But I am not sure, that I like Metro Style Apps on a Desktop - a full screen application on a tablet makes sense but on my 24" monitor at home, most applications simply does not make sense in Full Screen.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:32 AM