Adding OWA web part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

My SharePoint Server is internal and my Exchange service is managed. Has anyone had success with type of configuration binding OWA web part to their offsite MSP. I can't seem to get it work as my MSP required password and there are no fields in the web part to address such a request.

Appreciate any help on this, other I have to throw this feature on the shelf until we move Exchange in house.

Thanks in advance.

Quen

Monday, June 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Quenio505,

The only way I know to get credentials to be automatically passed to Exchange OWA is to have the OWA site to be configured to use "Integrated Windows Authentication" which would allow your domain user credentials you are logged into the machine with to be passed to the OWA website.

Other than that, usually OWA is configured to use Forms Authentication which would require authentication and users should be prompted for authentication as described in the following article.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-foundation-help/working-with-outlook-web-access-web-parts-HA101810215.aspx

Due to the Exchange service being hosted currently, I do not believe what you are looking for will be possible until you get Exchange implemented in house and have adjusted the authentication methods.

Let me know if this helps!

Adam Rudell | Technical Support Lead | SharePoint Technologies | Microsoft Corporation

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Friday, June 15, 2012 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Quen,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Hi Quenio505,

The only way I know to get credentials to be automatically passed to Exchange OWA is to have the OWA site to be configured to use "Integrated Windows Authentication" which would allow your domain user credentials you are logged into the machine with to be passed to the OWA website.

Other than that, usually OWA is configured to use Forms Authentication which would require authentication and users should be prompted for authentication as described in the following article.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-foundation-help/working-with-outlook-web-access-web-parts-HA101810215.aspx

Due to the Exchange service being hosted currently, I do not believe what you are looking for will be possible until you get Exchange implemented in house and have adjusted the authentication methods.

Let me know if this helps!

Adam Rudell | Technical Support Lead | SharePoint Technologies | Microsoft Corporation

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Friday, June 15, 2012 1:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Thank you for you detailed response, much appreciated!

Quen

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:34 PM