none
Laptop will not boot RRS feed

• Question

• Laptop will not boot. Keeps displaying message 0xc000000f.  Also will not boot with disk or from usb drive.  Can you help?
    • Edited by Denise 2 Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:38 PM
    Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try boot into safe mode (hit f8 after post), or if enabled try use system restore to restore to an earlier 'point in time'

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Thank you, Jesper but I tried all of that.  I even tried to set it back to the factory setting.  No dice.  Any other suggestions?  I would greatly appreciate it.  There is no windows screen or choices to operate in the safe mode. 

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:42 PM
  • Jesper,

Is there a way I could get to the prompt > ? 

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:44 PM
  • If you cannot load 'Advanced startup options' by hitting F8, your windows installation (or harddisk) is in bad shape. The 'Advanced startup options' is the menu you load, before windows is even starting

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:49 PM
  • Or, try system repair from a windows cd

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Sunday, January 18, 2015 2:51 PM
  • The system disk is in the drive and it will not read it.  Push F8 several hundred times LOL and nothing happened.  Before this trouble I had Windows 7.  Do you have a minute to go to youtube and type this error message in.  There was some solutions but none worked.  0xc000000f.  You will see my screen and what I am talking about.  I really appreciate any advice you can give me. 

Oh I can push ESC and go to the boot sector but nothing happens.  I know that I can fix it - the question is how.

Denise

• Edited by Denise 2 Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:17 PM
    Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:02 PM
  • Oh too:

It says:

File:  \windows\system32\winload.exe

Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:04 PM
  • Modern laptops always have UEFI activated.

So you need to go to the BIOS (Try different Keys to reach it [DEL, F1, ESC...]) or read the manufactors manual (find out which BIOS you have and look on the internet how which key is the right.) Note! Your pc needs to be tunred off, no fast boot or so.

When you get to the BIOS, you cen change the Boot-Priority, so you can put your CD-Disk to the top. Perhaps you also need to deactive UEFI, try it out.

Good luck ;)

© 2015 Thomas Roskop

Germany // Deutschland

Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Thanks Thomas,

I'm afraid I am not that tech savvy, but I will try.  UEFI?

Denise

Sunday, January 18, 2015 4:07 PM