How to properly discard local changes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a newbie / simple question regarding how to discard changes

I want to figure out the best way to discard local changes I have made to my code and revert back to the previous version so that my local copy of my source code and the one in the TFS is the same.  I was looking for something like “discard local changes” in TFS but couldn’t find anything.  Should I just delete my solution locally and bring down the old version from TFS?

FYI: I’m using TFS 2012 and VS 2012 and I’m the sole developer in charge of the code. 

My solution in question is a MVC 4 app that was working fine.  What happened was I wanted to try out twitter-bootstrap and so I added a nuget package that did that and that was designed for MVC as well.  The package was called “Twitter-Bootstrap-for-ASP.Net-MVC4” after installing it my application didn’t work and I didn’t have time to deal with the changes so I just wanted to back out to where my solution was before (the package added a lot of extra stuff to my solution and I felt it was overkill for what I was doing).

John Marsing http://MyHebrewBible.com/

Friday, March 8, 2013 10:52 PM

Answers

• Hi john

You can go to the pending changes window in team explorer and choose actions -> undo all.

Please mark as answer if this helps.

• Marked as answer by John Marsing Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:58 AM
    Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi john

You can go to the pending changes window in team explorer and choose actions -> undo all.

Please mark as answer if this helps.

• Marked as answer by John Marsing Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:58 AM
    Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:05 AM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your post!

And Thanks for Rob26's kindly help!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 11, 2013 5:36 AM