none
Problems publishing my App/Game. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Sir/Madam,I want to publish my App/Game to the store but it is giving me problems.I have Designed and Developed a game,in which the .exe of the game requires DirectX 10 to be installed.This DirectX10 is available inside the Microsoft DirectX 2007 Rutimes on microsoft official website to be installed,but it is giving me problems in the App/Game publishing report that 

App Policies: 10.2.2 Updating Store Apps

Notes To Developer

Your app installs or updates outside the Store. Please ensure that apps and in-app products are installed or updated only through the Store and resubmit.

Tested Devices: Dell Inspiron 12-528

I have provided the DirectX Feb 2007 Runtimes in my setup.exe which gets installed on the users computer along with my game .exe and it's supporting files.But Microsoft doesnot accept my in-app product,and says to download it from the store.But DirectX 2007 Runtimes are not available on the Windows Store to Download,It is Available on official Microsoft Website to Download.So how i can provide this download from the store when it is not available on the store ?

Help me out please as quickly as you can.

Thank you.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>I have Designed and Developed a game,in which the .exe of the game requires DirectX 10 to be installed.

How did you set item DirectX under the System requirements on the Properties Page? If you make selections for Minimum hardware, those items will be displayed in your product's Store listing as required hardware for customers on Windows 10, version 1607 or later.The Store may also display a warning to customers who are viewing your app's listing on a device that doesn't have the required hardware.

>So how i can provide this download from the store when it is not available on the store ?

From the Notes,Store doesn't seem to support it now.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 19, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hello Daisy,

The hardware requirements for the user is that he must have a DirectX compatible graphics card installed on his computer also he must install the necessary drivers for eg.Intel Hd Graphics 3000 Driver/ any motherboard driver and Nvdia Quadro 1000 M/ any Directx 10 Graphics card compatible driver,these requirements are provided by me inside the properties of game to the user,so it is not the issue.

Regarding the Microsoft Store doesnot provides the download for DirectX 10 Feb 2007 runtimes,it is their policy but it must be updated or changed,and they should provide the  support for the download of DirectX10 Feb 2007 runtimes from their official website i.e.microsoft.com,where it is available for download.

So what to do now ? Please help me,god will bless you a lot if somebody helps me completely.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:36 PM