none
FS Logix Office 365 disk out of control bloat RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I've been using FS logix for a couple of months now, both profile and ODFC disks, however Im having massive issues with the Office disk bloat. I'm talking 1.5 GB of data but 15 GB disks. I have a shrink tool which seems to work great on the profile disks but not on the Office disks. 

I'm trying to understand how these disks keep growing when the data barely grows?

The only consistency I can find when googling this is people see to blame Teams for this. Is it true Teams can be responsible for the constant bloat? What is the logic behind this?

Is the .xml approach to redirect teams directories the way to fix this?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Nozapping,

Unfortunately I have seen this with teams very often. It is because of the cache files that are overwritten again and again. The container does not recognize this as overwriting, but inflates itself.

Which shrink tool do you use ?

The one from Jim Moyle works fine with Office Container. How did you configure the container?

Dynamic VHD(X) allocation activated ?

If you mount a container manually, you can see that the complete 30 GB are already allocated or you can extend the container by x GB. If this is the case, expand a full container once to maximum (the allocated size on the fileserver remains the same) and then start the script.

Monday, September 21, 2020 7:33 PM