SSRS Oracle Datasource -- ORA-01008: not all variables bound RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can anyone help please?  I'm running into the ORA-01008: not all variables bound error when trying to test my query from the Query Designer.  I've created a the parameter under Parameters section of the Dataset Properties as so:

Parameter name: :test

Parameter Value: 9999

I've also created the parameter under Report Data as "test"

It would be great if someone can tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi MBUI, 

According to your description, when using an oracle database as data source, you get an error in Query Designer, right? 

In your scenario, based on the error message, the query syntax may has issue. This error means that Reporting Services cannot identify the variables in your syntax. For your issue, are you using @parameter in your query? If so, you will experince this error. It is because only SQL Server will accept "@" as the parameter string. Oracle always accept ":" as parameter string. If possible, please post your dataset query. When using oracle databse, there are some attentions, please refer to this thread:  SSRS Reports with Oracle DB

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards, 
    Shrek Li

• Proposed as answer by 王者荣耀 Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by 王者荣耀 Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:33 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies

• One additional piece of information is that I'm using an ODBC connection.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Can you post your query and your dataset configurations screenshot?

Please Dont forget to mark as answer and Helpful Post. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Milan Das

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Hi MBUI, 

According to your description, when using an oracle database as data source, you get an error in Query Designer, right? 

In your scenario, based on the error message, the query syntax may has issue. This error means that Reporting Services cannot identify the variables in your syntax. For your issue, are you using @parameter in your query? If so, you will experince this error. It is because only SQL Server will accept "@" as the parameter string. Oracle always accept ":" as parameter string. If possible, please post your dataset query. When using oracle databse, there are some attentions, please refer to this thread:  SSRS Reports with Oracle DB

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards, 
    Shrek Li

• Proposed as answer by 王者荣耀 Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by 王者荣耀 Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:33 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 5:53 AM