web app resync fail RRS feed

• Question

• 2010.accdw

The app is used a local Access license downloaded from 365/sharepoint and resync-ed.

I looked thru it, including minor "changes" to a few queries - by this I mean I simply stretched a few columns while in design view so I could read the entire field name: I did not fundamentally alter by adding/deleting a field or changing a criteria or join or anything.

When I went to resync - just as an exercise - knowing that I had not add/changed any data or design - I was surprised to see it fail.  It generated a table of the failures which state more or less that I do not have permission to change those queries that I touched.

So thumbing thru my text book I am not really finding any info on this.  I was hoping someone with .accdw experience can clarify to me why the sync is so picky on this, and whether this is a permissions issue at the 365 level or what.....  TIA.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hum, what happens if you download another copy, and try that?

It possible some damage or something else occurred to your local copy. I not have seen this issue, but it also possible that the site is experience some issue or problem.

So, as a test you could try the idea to bring down another copy and see if changes can be made to that new fresh copy. However, I cannot say this is normal behavior.

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Monday, October 29, 2012 4:52 AM