none
Azure Service Bus: send Messages to queue via amqp rceive only requests no messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

i am using a third party tool to send messages via amqp v1 to a queue. Currently i reveive only requests at the queue , no messages. (see immage)

I guess that i configured the security stuff right, because the requests are sucessfull. Does anybody maybe know what setting i am missing , or what does this mean?!

Why only request? 

For Example : Azure Metrics

• Incoming Requests      ->9
    • Succesfull Requests     ->9
    • Incomming Messages  -> 0
    • UserErrors                  ->0
    • AMQP V1.0
    • Port 5671
    • SSL/Https

i am sending Json(utf-8) in the body. 

thanks Christian 

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting your question.

Not able to see the image that you have posted. You can post the image through the imgur and share the link text here.

Also What from the post I understand you are refereeing the metrics data.

Request Metrics is the Counts of data and management operations requests. It could mean that the incoming requests that you are seeing can only be the management requests.

Please check the connection string which you are using to send the message to the service bus queue.

You can also verify the presence of message in a queue using Service Bus Explorer tool.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Christian,

Thank you for posting your question.

Not able to see the image that you have posted. You can post the image through the imgur and share the link text here.

Also What from the post I understand you are refereeing the metrics data.

Request Metrics is the Counts of data and management operations requests. It could mean that the incoming requests that you are seeing can only be the management requests.

Please check the connection string which you are using to send the message to the service bus queue.

You can also verify the presence of message in a queue using Service Bus Explorer tool.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hallo Ketan

thank you for your answer.

here is the image. https://imgur.com/FfhrmvL

I did check the queue via the service bus explorer. There is no message in the queue

When i was setting up the connection on the third party tool (Lobster) i was getting errors when the key was wrong. So i guess the connection and authentification is sucsessful ?! 

I am new to azure portal but i do not see any errors according to the queue or the service bus. The tird party tool does not raise any error.

I just did a test , sending 15 messages to the queue and check trhe responses. As i see now there are no responses. So that  means i have to check what the tird party tool is doing. 

Thanks for this advice

Can you tell me if there is any possibiliy that i can see some logs of the message responses ? 

Thanks Christian 

Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:55 AM
  • You can configure diagnostic logs for richer information about everything that happens within a job. Diagnostic logs cover activities from the time the job is created until the job is deleted, including updates and activities that occur while the job is running.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/service-bus-diagnostic-logs

Monday, May 13, 2019 2:14 PM