none
Program, that can balance chemical equations RRS feed

• Question

• I need a program, that can balance chemical equations.

I have tried it many times, but i can't make it, im not a professional programmer.

I need it for an other program.

Sorry for bad english

Thanks

Friday, June 8, 2018 2:02 PM

All replies

• What kind of VB program, because when it is very old it is possible you cannot use the code anymore which here would be given

VB has many dialects. 

Success
    Cor

Friday, June 8, 2018 2:08 PM
  • Im making it right now, its a console application

• Edited by destdel Friday, June 8, 2018 3:18 PM
    Friday, June 8, 2018 3:13 PM
  • Im making it right now, its a console application

Do you know how to do the balance now with pencil and paper?

What is it you want to balance some common things like salt and water or complex redox reductions or what?

If it is just a simple something and you have simple rules to do the balance by hand and already understand that part then we can help you program it.

Otherwise it is a very complicated subject and people spend lifetimes and write PHDs about it and therefore it is beyond the scope of this forum which is just a simple question and answer forum.

Can you find a web page that shows what you want to do?

Friday, June 8, 2018 4:54 PM
  • It is the same as a math equation, the left has to equal the right. You still have to know the subtleties of a chemical reaction though. Example - If you drop a piece of Sodium Metal (Na) into Water, Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) and Hydrogen (H) are formed. So:

Na + H2O -> NaOH + H - Balances but is incorrect, Hydrogen exists as H2, so it is actually this:

2Na+ 2H2O -> 2NaOH + H2

Friday, June 8, 2018 8:48 PM