none
ExchangeSoapException: Der Name des Identitätsprinzipals ist ungültig (The name of of the identity principal is invalid) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have a problem with a connection between a CTI Software and Exchange2010. It should be possible to read privat contacts from the exchange users over the SOAP Interface to resolve inbound calls. To achive this it was possible to create a kind of admin user with access to private contacts on the Exchange 2010. The maker of this software refer to an MSDN Link which describe a procedure to get this admin user.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204095.aspx

From both described variants we used this one:
    "Exchange Impersonation for all users in an organization"

It is possible to start a connection test within the CTI software. This one ask for a user information (UserID oder MailID) which was configured before. As result I get two different error messages:

1. with MailID:
    ExchangeSoapException: Der Name des Identitätsprinzipals ist ungültig (My Translation: The name of of the identity principal is invalid)

2. with UserID:
    XPathStylesheetDOM3Exception: Das Präfix muss in einen Namensbereich aufgelöst werden: soap (My Translation: The prefix must resolve to a namespace)

For my opinion the cause is at the Exchange site. A test with a browser using the SOAP URL bring access to the SOAP XML after entering the user datas.

However, I can't say for sure whether it has all rights for the private addresses.
    Has somebody expirience with SOAP connections?
    Which Logs on the IIS and Exchange can I use to find the root cause?
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:58 AM