Why I can't import contacts anymore??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello I am trying to import the windows live email contacts of users using OAuth, it was working yesterday, but now I see that API is returning a completely different JSON object which has empty arrays for all emails.

I am using PHP on an apache installation with OAuth extension

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:45 PM

All replies

• Same problem here, using java + socialauth....

Yesterday all ok

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:22 PM
  • What scopes are you using?  Contact emails are not supposed to be available to publicly available scopes, and I believe the bug that was exposing emails with $type=portable has been fixed...
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:26 PM
  • oh great, back to screen scraping then
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:20 PM
  • Same problem here.  This wasn't a bug, it was a great feature.  Gmail and Yahoo have the same "feature".  The should roll back that bug fix asap.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:26 PM
  • Why don't you come up, as your next invention, with some kind of phone book API and screen out all telephone numbers from it on the grounds that it's too sensitive information for a phone book to expose?

What on earth the word "contact" in the Internet environment can mean other than email. What is it good for without it? Why even mention anything containing the word "contact" if it's no good for its primary purpose, that of contacting?

If human genius has its limits, human stupidity does not seem to have this handicap.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 10:07 PM