none
ACKs processings RRS feed

• Question

• For the last four months I just started using BizTalk. I am curious to know how ACKs are getting processed.

Scenario: I have a send port with following settings

(Ordered delivery  & enabled routing for failed messages)

Adapter:  MLLP adapter with acceptable acknowledgment codes AA & CA.

Solicit Response Configuration for Static one-way send port is enabled with Submit Response Enabled: Yes and Submit receive location (URI) for ACK: [IP: port]

Anybody please explain how delivery of messages to outside is confirmed?

If we receive anything other than AA & CA how that situation will be handled?

We had an incident one vendor got a script error out of a message we delivered and then the process of sending messages to that vendor got hung and we had to suspended and restart the host to bring back them to live. Is that because we might have received non acceptable ack at that time

Anybody out please explain(please do not send Microsoft links)

Mavelikara
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers

• The answer to your question is explanation of KB961020. The Acceptable Acknowledgement Codes setting was added as a part of this fix to accept all kind of positive and negative acknowledgments i.e. AA,CA,AE,CE,AR and CR. You can just select the all option in the dropdown for Acceptable Acknowledgement Codes and you will be able to receive the acknowledgement sent by destination system.

But be careful if downstream system don’t send any acknowledgement because of any reason like script error as you mentioned then MLLP adapter assume it as network failure and will retries the message and if after completing all the reties it didn’t receive any ACK either positive or negative then in case of order delivery no other message will be sent as explained in the KB Article.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Marked as answer by Mavelikara Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:01 PM

All replies

• I suggest you to read the HL7 Developer Guide. There are the detail explanations of the Ack generation and processing.
    Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: Sample: Context Routing and Throttling with orchestration
    • Proposed as answer by DPS Bali Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:49 PM
  • ·        Thanks. I already did that, but for a beginner it is little hard to digest. That is why I already mentioned professionals out there; please explain in your words rather than directing to a MS link.

Mavelikara
    • Edited by Mavelikara Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:01 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:54 PM
  • The answer to your question is explanation of KB961020. The Acceptable Acknowledgement Codes setting was added as a part of this fix to accept all kind of positive and negative acknowledgments i.e. AA,CA,AE,CE,AR and CR. You can just select the all option in the dropdown for Acceptable Acknowledgement Codes and you will be able to receive the acknowledgement sent by destination system.

But be careful if downstream system don’t send any acknowledgement because of any reason like script error as you mentioned then MLLP adapter assume it as network failure and will retries the message and if after completing all the reties it didn’t receive any ACK either positive or negative then in case of order delivery no other message will be sent as explained in the KB Article.

Don't forget to mark the post as answer or vote as helpful if it does, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitbiztalk.blogspot.com)
    • Marked as answer by Mavelikara Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Thanks Rohit.
    Mavelikara
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:05 PM