none
TreeView Navigation replacement for Quicklaunch RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to replace the default asp menu version of the quicklaunch with an expandable tree version. I have made the adjustment in SP Designer and it looks like I desire it to be in the Design Rendering window in SP Designer. However, it does not look correct when opened in IE. The child elements are missing in the browser. (See attached screenshot)

<asp:SiteMapDataSource runat="server" ID="SiteMapDataSource"/>
        <asp:TreeView runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource" ShowLines="true" />

I am attempting to allow the 'Current Navigation' settings in Site Settings to provide the source for the navigation (as the default quicklaunch does) but use a tree style view for it.

• Edited by fFinsgib Monday, September 26, 2011 1:19 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• You are probably not specifying the level (how deep) the menu will show. However, there is an easier way if the UI is acceptable (or can be adjusted): under site actions - site settings - look and feel, click Treeview then uncheck quick launch and check Enable treeview.
    AK
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:32 PM
  • AK, Thanks for the quick response...

I am trying to get away from the default tree view that utilizes the SPHierarchyDataSourceControl. It displays too much information - all the content of the current site. I am attempting to utilize only the navigation settings specified in the Site Settings > Look and Feel > Navigation > Current Navigation.

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:52 PM
  • Did you check http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms466994.aspx
    AK
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:17 PM