none
How to clear the failed MBX server from Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had two MBX servers in DAG one of the server is failed and we don't need it anymore so i wanted to clean up the Exchange environment.

I removed this server from DAG and cluster but i still see the server in the EMC under Server Config --> Mailbox 

How can i clean this up? Please suggest.

Regards,

Maqsood

Maqsood Mohammed Senior Systems Engineer MCITP-Enterprise Admin & ITILv3 Foundation Certified

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Please use the ADSIEDIT tool to delete the failed server from active directory configuration partition.Once it is done then the server will not be shown on the EMC

Note : ADSIEDIT is a powerfull tool which will be used to delete the stale entries in active directory ,So please handle it safe .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:15 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please use the ADSIEDIT tool to delete the failed server from active directory configuration partition.Once it is done then the server will not be shown on the EMC

Note : ADSIEDIT is a powerfull tool which will be used to delete the stale entries in active directory ,So please handle it safe .

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:15 AM
  • I have same situation for other environment where Hub/Cas role was combined the server VM is deleted but it wasn't uninstalled properly.

So do just use ADSI Edit and delete the server names as in the screenshot.

Maqsood Mohammed Senior Systems Engineer MCITP-Enterprise Admin & ITILv3 Foundation Certified

Monday, November 17, 2014 12:45 PM
  • After deleting the server from ADSI edit when i open EMC and try to edit any properties of any object i get the following error, please suggest.

Monday, November 17, 2014 5:55 PM
  • This was fixed, i cleared the crashed server from ADSI edit but there was a database which was hosted on this server so i cleared the database as well from the ADSI edit and it works fine.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:27 AM