Email generation via SharePoint workflow and approval before sending RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

I have a weekly process where I customize an email and save it in MSG format to a SharePoint 2007 document library. Once it is saved, a workflow sends out an approval request to my manager to approve the document. If he approves the document, I then open the MSG file and send it via Outlook. I am intersted in finding out if there is a way to fully automate the process via a workflow. I believe the steps below outline what I am trying to do. Could anyone tell me if it is possible and point me in the right direction if it is possible? Thank you.

1. Enter my custom information into a new item form.
    2. Create a custom email based on that information.
    3. Send the custom email to my manager for approval.
    4. If approval is recieved, send the email message to the intended recipients.

The only additional requirement is that I would like to enter my custom information once into a new item form and generate 4 different emails based on that information. For example, each email has certain custom information that would be common each month and the only thing that changes besides that custom information is the recipients and the subject, so I would like to enter the common infromation and use a workflow to create the 4 different emails.

Jim

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:25 PM