none
CCF not running on port 80: how to connect to the server using admin console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have both CCF 2.5 and 2.6 running on the same server. CCF 2.5 is running on port 80 and the new one is running on port 85.

When using Admin console, i can only specify the machine name and apparently the console is trying to connect to the services running on port 80.

How do I request the admin console to connect to the services running on port 85?

hope someone can help.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:23 AM

All replies

• Sure you have done this but have you tried

Code Snippet

servername:85

Instead of just

Code Snippet
    servername

Also I have some rememberence of see you can configure it for HTTP vs HTTPS and couldn't set ports. What you may want to try though is putting it on the HTTPS port (I think it is 445) instead of 85 and seeing what it does.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:35 AM
  • Hi Robert,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have tried servername:85 and got the "Please enter a valid Machine Name" error. The Admin console does not allow you to specify the port number.

I am not using HTTPS, just normal HTTP. The system must have both CCF 2.0 and CCF 2.6 running in parallel (for two separate applications). CCF 2.0 has been running on port 80 and we use port 85 for the new one.

Can you please advise if it's possible for Admin Console to connect to CCF 2.6 which is running on port 85?

Many thanks,

Tom Le

Avanade Australia

Monday, June 4, 2007 12:00 AM
  • Tom,

you can configure two ip address on your server and configure the ccf 2.5 and 2.6 in two different ip on IIS both on port 80.

After you configuring your DNS o Hosts files for resolve corretly the two ip.

You can test it.

Bye

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:40 PM
  • Might I ask why your are doing that? 

To your specific question...

There is a Hotfix that should be available for via MSDN for 2.6 soon to allow this..  As it is today, you can get it by contacting your MS Support rep.

Thanks

Matt B.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:10 AM
  •  

Thanks Daniele and Matt for your prompt responses.

I would certainly work if using different IP's for the two versions. However, i would prefer to avoid doing this if possible.

If there is a hot fix, i would love to get it.

Matt, as I indicated before, there are two versions of the application that must co-exist. These two versions are deployed to the same server. Each version is targeted at different groups of users. We have also started to build the third version.

We did not use admin console for the first version and would like to use it for the CCF 2.6 version which is currently running on port 85. We can change it to use port 80 and the old version to use port 85. However, that would require more work as it needs to go through the whole change process. The systems have already been in production.

The admin console would help the level 2 helpdesk staff to make changes to the configuration info without having to directly access the database.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Tom

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:32 AM
  • You can use 1 ip address and assign two host names to it in DNS. Then in IIS set the IP to unassigned, port to 80 and the host header value (it's under the "Advanced" Button next to IP address on the website tab in IIS). IIS is smart enough to distingush the requests out based just on host header with IP and port the same.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:47 AM