none
OneDrive for Business When a file is created trigger, new files not picked up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am facing an issue with new files not beeing picked up. Copying a file to the one drive folder is not recognised by the trigger. It started yesterday, but then a disable/enable of the logic app fixed the issue. Today none of the files are picked up and disable/enable does not make any difference. Any ideas what to look for ? 

Friday, December 15, 2017 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Kjetil

This might not solve your issue, but I would not use the "when a file is created" trigger. I would instead use the schedule and "list files in folder" action under onedrive. The reason is that solution is much more stable. If you pick up the files, and delete them from the "in-folder", then you do not even have to rebuild any logic. If you need to leave the files, you need to update something about them after handling them. Set a new filename, or look into the metadata options available to you.

This comes from experience, using the SharePoint online adapter. It was behaving strangely when I was using "when a new item is created", but has not missed a single item since I updated to the other pattern.

//Mikael Sand - Enfo Sweden If you find any post helpful, please mark it as such. If I answer your question, humor me with a thank you or mark as answer.

Friday, December 15, 2017 8:58 AM
  • Thanks, I have used a similar pattern for another app where two files should be picked up at the same time. I'll try this approach. 
    Friday, December 15, 2017 2:40 PM
  • Hi - What's the size of the file that was uploaded, but didn't trigger a run? One possibility may be that the file is over the limit Logic Apps engine supports, so they are ignored. If you view "trigger history" in the Azure portal for your Logic App, do you see any skipped trigger durning the time in which a run should have been fired?

Derek

Friday, December 15, 2017 5:34 PM
  • File was about 1KB so I do not think that is the issue, trigger was skipped. I changed the app to schedule trigger as suggested. 
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:07 AM