Where are the built-in powershell activities? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

searching the web I found many blog posts  about early versions of Workflow 4.0 and I found references to some built-in powershell activities, but I couldn't find them in VS2010 Beta 2 nor RC.
    Where are them?

Thank you
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm guessing that was a reference to the Windows Server AppFabric (formally "Dublin") application server extenstions PowerShell tools.

The documentation on these is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767662(WS.10).aspx

You will need to install AppFabric to use these commands.

Regards,

Alan

www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    • Marked as answer by fleed Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:13 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Powershell (System.Management.Automation etc) is not actually included of the .net framework, and so in later versions the dependency of .net framework on powershell was fixed by removing the power shell activities from the framework.

Now the powershell activities are shipped as part of the WF samples under a path something like

WF\Scenario\ActivityLibrary\PowerShell\CS\PowerShell

Tim
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm guessing that was a reference to the Windows Server AppFabric (formally "Dublin") application server extenstions PowerShell tools.

The documentation on these is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767662(WS.10).aspx

Regards,

Alan

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Powershell (System.Management.Automation etc) is not actually included of the .net framework, and so in later versions the dependency of .net framework on powershell was fixed by removing the power shell activities from the framework.

Now the powershell activities are shipped as part of the WF samples under a path something like

WF\Scenario\ActivityLibrary\PowerShell\CS\PowerShell

Tim
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:10 PM
  • Thank you both
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Regards,

Alan

Thanks a lot! The link is useful for me.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Have you looked PowerWF Studio from Dev Farm? They have a workflow designer which allows you to wrap the workflows etc with Powershell.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:00 AM