The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

How register instance in uwp and mef2? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a new uwp app, and added the nuget package Microsoft.Composition. With wpf and mef I could do something like that:

this.Container.ComposeExportedValue<ILoggerFacade>(this.Logger);

It seems that mef2 completly changed in uwp. There is no CompositionContainer, AggregateCatalog and no RegistrationBuilder.

How should I be able to register a instance in mef2 and uwp without the Export attribute? 

Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We could find Microsoft.Composition at NuGet gallery. Here is the link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Composition/. From the part of the Supported Platforms. We could not find Windows 10. I think UWP does not support it at currently.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 25, 2016 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We could find Microsoft.Composition at NuGet gallery. Here is the link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Composition/. From the part of the Supported Platforms. We could not find Windows 10. I think UWP does not support it at currently.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 25, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please let us know if MEF is supported in UWP at present.

There are no working samples of MEF in UWP applications

Regards

Monday, June 5, 2017 2:31 PM